Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Pure Joy!

I spent a few hours today with my oldest best friend...obf?  Because we live almost 100 miles apart, I don't get to spend that much time with her anymore.  Makes me kinda sad. 

We share the love of Cherry Pastries from Panera
and shared some with coffee today.
But today was wonderful - she's recovering from major surgery and she was feeling way better.  It's only been one week and with microsurgery, healing is faster than the old fashioned big slash and stitch kind.  It is major surgery, however, and at our age, it is serious. 

While she has lost lots of weight and I haven't, we do share the love of food.  We weren't 1/2 hour down the road on our way back home when I got a call.  She was holed up in her bed wearing the gloves I gave her (her hands are always cold), eating the jalapeno jelly and cream cheese on crackers while inhaling the scent of Frazier Fir cleaner she loves.  She warms my heart and makes me laugh always and immediately after 46 years of friendship.

Now I'm off to enjoy and sample the gifts she gave to me:  lemon cookies and cranberry walnut tart from Trader Joe's, Bill Clinton's Back to Work book, and the stress relieving eucalyptus spearmint candle! 

Get well my friend - we have many more years of conversation and laughter!

Bonnie

No comments: