Thursday, January 12, 2012

Amaryllis Update...

My Amaryllis is stunted - usually they grow quite tall for me but when you begin your early life in a dark box there are consequences.  Actually being too tall is not always good...sometimes my blossoms have been so heavy, the plant has tipped over from upper body weight!  I should plunk the plastic pot in a pottery pot.  That would help it from drying out and keep it stable.

It is so pretty!
We are still experiencing a no-snow winter so this bright spot in my little indoor garden is very welcome and energizing!

I have been working in my sewing room today after Hubby fixed my high buck light that is made so cheaply!  But its fixed now and I can see again while I'm ironing!

So I cleaned things up around the light so Hubby could work on the lamp!  A small victory but a step in the right direction.  Now I feel like I need to continue the mission and sort and organize my piles of fabric.  I'm finding so many wonderful stacks of coordinating material, patterns and even pieces of an old Dresden Plate quilt that I cut up and used to recover small stools.  As long as I live, I wouldn't need to buy another piece of fabric but what fun would that be???

Off to conquer the mountains of cotton!

Bonnie

No comments: