Sunday, January 15, 2012

Oh, oh - Dr. Appointment Tomorrow...


I'm in love with chickens...
Tomorrow's the day.  Usually I go to the doctor once a year and tomorrow is the day I go to be weighed.  That's all I think about in the days leading up to that day - not my blood pressure or cholesterol or anything else!  Just the scale - that darn thing is not my friend.
 
So in preparation:

  • had my haircut this week.  Scale didn't move up or down...darn! 
  • parked farther away from most destinations...nothing.
  • took my fluid pills faithfully...not a pound gone
  • remembering that before Christmas I had lost 7 pounds - apparently doesn't count I guess - its all back...although it gives me hope that I can do it.  Sigh...
  • cut down on my Dove love...didn't make a difference.
  • went to Curves twice - three times a week is my goal - payback for not going on Monday.
  • no ice cream all week - substituted the wrong thing I guess - again. 
I used to have my annual physical near my birthday...I don't know what happened because now its in January.  Not good to schedule appointment so close to Christmas where butter and salt and sugar seem to reign.

Seriously, I need to be serious this year.  I know what I have to do...no magic involved.  Maybe we'll have a "come to Jesus" meeting/appointment tomorrow - well, maybe after my labs come back.  Doctor always says in astonishment, "You are really healthy."  I shouldn't be pushing the envelope - I need to get this part of my life - my health - under control. 

Take care and think of me tomorrow!  Maybe if everyone thinks positive for me the scale will reflect less than last year...

Bonnie



No comments: