Friday, January 6, 2012

Amaryllis - Oh Dear!

This winter is certainly not normal so far because we haven't had much winter yet and its one week into January!  Living in Minnesota is always a challenge by now - either bitter cold (many a New Year's Eve experience where the defrosters couldn't keep up with the cold frosty windows!) and/or scary drives in snow and ice.

But when I opened a gift from D2 and saw a box with a beautiful picture of a Susan G. Komen Amaryllis on it - I thought, oh yes, something growing and blooming will be wonderful.  It's pretty brown outside my window.

Today was the day to get the bulb in the pot after moisturizing the large soil pellet with warm water.  

So much to my surprise, here's what I saw when I opened the box!

Oh oh...

Can't stake it  yet!!!
Well - this little bulb had quite a fine time in the dark box!  A unique growing experience - I'll keep you informed about its challenge to stand upright...think good thoughts!

Take care,
Bonnie

No comments: