Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Granny Cupboard!

Many years ago, my friend, Raeann, gave me a step back or Granny cupboard.  I might have told you already but my dining room is a room of cupboards.

My Mom's cupboard is a Early American maple hutch - filled to overflowing with treasures.  After my Mom's death, I decided I needed this piece of furniture that meant so much to her.  Now its filled with my art pottery, linens, her glassware and fancy pieces.


My doll hutch that my hubby made for me stands tall in the corner filled with my dolls from my very first doll, storybook dolls, Ginny dolls, Tony dolls, to more recent purchases.  Another post in the future on this collection.

The cupboard that stood in my Gram's house is still filled with her tea cups.  Occasionally, the wicker rocker, now in my bedroom, would rock right through the glass front...things were a little tight in her dining room too.  I haven't put the table back in its place so this is just a narrow little view of it.


Hubby's little wardrobe stands watch in case the temporary louvered doors into our bedroom, should waver.  We moved our bedroom into the original livingroom and now the livingroom is in the four season porch.  I have the French Doors for this winter project - I hope its this winter!


And last but not least, my Gram's little mahogany hutch that held her prized dishes now resides in my youngest daughter's house along with Gram's table and chairs that match.

So for a year or so, I borrowed a cupboard from the shop and for the Christmas sale it made its way out to the barn.  It was great fun displaying the jewelry and accessories in it.

The bottom of my Granny cupboard managed to get painted in between sales.  Now I have finished the top so Gram's dishes can be moved from the dining room table to their place of honor.  I had to post this - even though I'm not done arranging and decorating my new aqua lovely cupboard!

The bottom of the cupboard used to have bins and hubby made them into doors.  They still need work but we're almost there!  I'm going to look for baskets for the drawer area and if I can't find them, hubby will make drawers. 

Take care,
Bonnie

No comments: