Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring Fever!


My little daisy-like purple door prize plant
 from our WOW weekend!
Oh my – spring fever!  I played around in the yard a bit – transplanted some hen and chicks into a clay saucer, carried some water out to the hen and chicks in my railroad tie, pulled some of last year’s foliage off my Autumn Joy sedums when I saw the new sprouts coming up, put up a different decorative flag, watered my dianthus in my old wheelbarrow and just enjoyed the warm, sunny breezes. 

Here's my Autumn Joy sedum
 poking their little heads up!
Hearty little dianthus reappear each year!
My baby chicks!!!
Of course, now I can hardly breathe because of the dust and pollen and whatever else affects my asthma/allergies!  But it’s all worth it after so many months of winter…even though it was a mild one here in MN.

Hubby is sick with another cold but he came out and sat in the nice, warm sun for a few minutes.  He never got over the cough from the last cold a couple months ago and now has a dilly of a head cold deepening his already very deep voice.
 
My rhubarb unfurling its leaves!
I walked around to my other raised beds and found things popping up through the ground.  The rhubarb is unfurling its leaves – I love to watch them turn from the red buds that first come through, to the deepest, darkest green to their regular green when its ready to pick and bake something wonderful like rhubarb cake…yum.

My girls and I had a great time at the Women Only Weekend (WOW).  I hope we can go again next year – it’s our chance to spend quality Mother/Daughter time together.  We eat, drink, shop and have some really good laughs – the kind that leaves us out of breath.  Last year we all brought our computers but this year we spent time playing cards.  It was so much fun.

Time to walk around my sewing room and see what might inspire me!

Take care,

Bonnie

No comments: