Saturday, April 28, 2012

Chilly and Chili...

April temperatures roller coaster and this year is no different.  One day its 70+ degrees and then it’s in the 40’s.  I don’t mind – if it’s warm I might be out fixing things for the sale in the pole barn and if its cooler I have enough inside sewing projects to keep me busy forever!!

I’m on a break right now from sewing – making chili for supper.  It just seems like that kind of day.  I never make anything too complicated so I here’s my recipe!

Upnorth Chili

1# ground sirloin
1 can black beans - rinsed
1 can kidney beans – undrained
1 can Rotel (mild or whatever strength you prefer)
1 sm. can tomato paste
1 sm. can tomato sauce
2 cups water
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp. Chili powder
1 clove garlic – minced
Salt and pepper to taste

Brown sirloin, add all other ingredients.  Simmer.  Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese and raw onion.  Serve with corn bread – I used Jiffy brand -  easy and good.

It was really good if I do say so myself!!!
My daughter in law served chili with corn bread at Christmas.  It was very delicious and so non-traditional for this Swede, Norwegian, German!!!

Back to my sewing room so I can report back to you on my ruffled tote bags on my other blog - Farmgirl Musings...

Take care,

Bonnie

No comments: