Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Funny Shoes and Spaghetti Pie

I don’t know about you but I just don’t sleep very many hours in a row anymore.  So when a nap seems inevitable, I just go with it.  After a two hour nap when I came home from shopping today, I needed to think of what to make for supper…fast!
 
I had a little bit of spaghetti sauce leftover – not enough for a regular two plate supper.  Some time this week, I read about a spaghetti pie.  I’ve made these before but its been a while and the recipe was in a magazine my daughter brought with her this weekend.  So I googled spaghetti pie.  I liked the looks of the Cooks.com Spaghetti pie so I chose the one they listed and pictured.  I actually had all the ingredients without skipping or substituting anything.  Now that’s a good day for me!!!  

It was so good…and now instead of hardly enough for one meal, I squeezed two meals out of a cup or so of leftover sauce and some noodles!!!

I didn't remember the picture until after supper!

While I was baking the pie, I was on Facebook and saw PatSloan’s picture of her new shoes.  Someone commented that she should have a shoe show and she invited her viewers to send in pictures of their shoes. 
 
Being a shoe freak, I sent in this picture of my Birki's that I love so much.  I have a bazillion shoes and hardly any of them are comfortable for any amount of time.  These are one of my comfortable pairs.

I tell my grand kids that now I know what shoe goes on the right foot!
Kind of like the old Garanimals!
 Well – that’s about all I’ve accomplished today.  I did get a couple of boxes in the mail.  That always makes a good day better!  I got my copy of Rachel Maddow’s new book from Amazon, Drift and some Mod Podge to use on the wig heads I got in the same box.  I don’t have any wigs but I do have some vintage hats that I want to embellish for the sale so I thought I’d use some sewing patterns or book pages or song sheets to Mod Podge onto the wig heads for display.  Love my Mod Podge!!!

I’m off to my sewing room to start or finish or plan another project!  Now that I’ve had some good midday sleep!  Yay!

Take care,

Bonnie

No comments: