Saturday, February 25, 2012

Just an ordinary day...but wait!

Amaryllis Update:  It's bloomed again! 
Four blooms that flare out from a 27" stem!!!
So gorgeous but I can't show you all four!
Ordinary day - what is that???  Time on the computer, vacuuming, cooking, doing the dishes, crocheting, reading, and contemplating.  Time thinking and contemplating is creative.  Filling the day with too much doing and not enough stillness takes away from creative thinking.

I have a storage problem in my sewing room.  I thought I had an organizational problem but in my contemplation, it came to me that I can't be organized if I don't have the shelving to help with that organization.  Whew!  Problem almost solved.

Upstairs I have a large white shelving unit that is storing odd books that I don't look at any more.  It was while I was reading the advertising in our local paper that my eyes saw an inexpensive shelf.  The it dawned on me - I have one of those not being used effectively!!!  Yay!

So tomorrow I unload and sort books to keep or sell at our sale.  But then comes the monumental task of hauling it downstairs...making that 180 degree turn.  And before that I have to clean off the steps!!!  A lazy habit of storing things on both sides of the stairs.  Ugh!

After all that work, then I have to go to my sewing room to make a path - remove short shelf and everything on it!!!!  Oh my - maybe I spent too much time thinking and contemplating.  I've just created at least two days of work.  It will be worth it to see all the fabric I haven't laid eyes on since I brought it home from the quilt shop!


My camera doesn't show how deep the red is!
Love, love this bloom!
I'm tired already - take care!

Bonnie

No comments: