Monday, February 13, 2012

Repurposed Letter Opener and Wooden Stars!

Love junkin' excursions!  On my last visit to an antique store where I usually just look because normally everything is too expensive, the cool guy sold me some silverware...some for making necklaces and three for making letter openers.  He saves the old rounded end knives for a guy who makes them into letter openers for nursing home residents!!!  How cool is that!

He had already removed the real silver on my knives but the handles were pearl so I thought I could fashion a couple openers to sell and one to keep! 


This is how I bought them!


This is how they look now!

Then Hubby made some lovely wooden stars!!!  I would love to have one on my new barn or in my garden.  I don't think I'll paint them but I can see a dark red one on my house.  They are about 30" high - fun project and we'll have smaller ones available too.

 

A couple more days and my house might be back to normal - there are craft projects in almost every room - nothing in the bedroom or bathroom though.  Every flat place has a project of some sort waiting to be finished for our sale at Zimmerman's in downtown Mora on Friday and Saturday!

Enjoy your day!

Bonnie

No comments: