Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Merry Christmas to Me!!!

I'm an embroidery fanatic!  Forever I have been doing all kinds of embroidery - now I enjoy redwork because I'm lazy and I just have to use red thread.
I embroidered this little snowman and created a pillow-type
sleeve to fit over a plastic free standing picture frame!
Well - I just won two gifts from Pat at Bird Nest on the Ground!  Pat is such a talented and creative quilter and embroiderer and beader!  She gave away gifts to two followers of her blog.  I won the Somerset Holiday Magazine and one of her "Heart" pincushions.  This is a first for me so I'm so excited!!!  And on top of that, the magazine (actually more of a book!) and the pincushion (so special because Pat created it) are two of my favorite things!  Thank you, Pat!  Click on the link and visit her blog to see her Christmas Crazy Quilt - it is gorgeous!

I haven't done crewel embroidery for 35 years so I have to show you two examples of what I used to do on a regular basis.

I completed this kit back in the 70's -
I learned so many stitches!!!
I must have been into jungle animals but I love his majestic look!
  Lots of couching in his mane!
Today we are getting a touch of snow - it looks a little more like Christmas around here now.  I think it will stay until Saturday when my family is coming to celebrate someone's birthday!!!  Happy Birthday, Jesus!


We could use a few more flakes
 but just enough to cover the brown grass!
Merry Christmas!

Bonnie

No comments: