Saturday, August 18, 2012

Our Trip to Cape Cod-like Lake City...

Our view from our motel - The Alaska

Bob's new truck!!!  Full!!!


View from Lake City's Rabbit Bakery! 
Great coffee and pastries and egg salad sandwiches



Now don't you think we could be at Cape Cod???  We spent a few days visiting friends, going to garage sales and just relaxing at Lake Pepin in Lake City.  We had unbelievable weather - so mild and sunny! We were on a mission to buy for our fall sale in October.  We found lots of unique stuff and filled up the truck. 

Oh ya - I spent some time at two different quilt shops - Rather Bee Quilting and Pumpkinberry Stitches.  I purchased some new patterns but only 1 1/4 yds. of fabric.  A first for me...although I ordered two quilt kits before I left on vacation.  I'm all set for my next 5 day quilt camp in October!!!

Annie was a great traveling companion - she still doesn't care for other dogs but other than that she was perfect.  She loves riding in the truck and leaves hairy evidence when she sits in the front seats while we are eating or shopping.  We lucked out that it was nice and cool so she could stay in the car when we had breakfast or shopped a while.


Annie looking pensive...

Take care!

Bonnie

1 comment:

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Just beautiful. What a view from your motel. Those boats all look so pretty and you are right, that's how I picture Cape Cod. I love that you have friends to go garage sale hunting with! How fun!